We are hiring all types of engineers, from design engineers to software engineers, and from compliance engineers to component engineers. Check our site for info and job summaries www.garmin.com/careers
The company culture at Garmin is fantastic. We offer a "no dress code" policy, as well as opportunities for fitness during the work day (at the local YMCA, on our walking trail, or challenging a colleague to a game of ping pong). We have a full-service cafeteria on-site with offerings for Breakfast and Lunch, in addition to “grill day” on Fridays in the summer.
Other benefits include: Fully paid dental and health insurance for exempt employees and their families, 401K with 75 cent match on the $1 (capping at 10%), and a pension plan. Additionally, we offer many company-sponsored events throughout the year. Garmin is very family-friendly and invites families and spouses to many of our events.
Imagine working for a technology company that has inspired Wired magazine to rank us 22nd in their 2007 list of the 40 most innovative companies in the world. GARMIN was ranked ahead of Microsoft, Intel and IBM. We were recently named by Forbes magazine as: America's best managed company in the technology hardware and equipment category, ahead of H-P, Cisco and Canon, and one of the 400 best large publicly traded companies in America.
Coordinate and manage product compliance approvals and regulatory standards activities for Garmin consumer products.
• Ensure GPS development teams’ success in designing to meet worldwide wireless, safety, EMC, SRD and hazardous substance regulations
• Generate regulatory compliance plans to guide design, manufacturing, test, EMC prescreen and technical publications functions
• Effectively track, manage and support multiple projects and priorities, develop general process guidelines
• Coordinate internal and external compliance testing activities
• Review internal and external compliance reports for accuracy and completeness
• Stay abreast of regulatory changes and new requirements; interpret those that may affect Garmin products
• Act as a company knowledge resource for up to date compliance information
• Provide guidance on correct product labeling requirements
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• B.S. Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering, Electro-Optics, Physics, Chemistry or related experience
• Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0)
• Certification experience with 2G and 3G handsets
• Strong knowledge of CTIA and PTCRB process with homologation experience.
• Cellular carrier testing experience
• Ability to understand and apply some of these standards (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, SAR, UL, EN, IEC, NOM, CSA, FCC, CISPR, Industry Canada, ETSI, ITU, JASO, SAE, ACMA, NZS, ANATEL, ICASA, SOLAS, GB) and directives (R&TTE, Battery, LVD, EMC, eMark, ELV, UN ECE, Recreational Craft) and environmental laws/directives such as Energy Star, IMERC, RoHS, REACH, EuP and WEEE)
• Experience with ESD, EMC, EMI or product safety testing with proven ability to review designs and offer suggestions for improvements
• Strong project management skills
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and self-directed
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Office applications
• 3+ years Compliance Engineering, Regulatory Approvals or Environmental Issue Leader experience, performing duties similar to the essential functions of this job description
• Knowledge in worldwide regulations and certification schemes for rechargeable battery packs, SRD’s (short range devices), consumer, marine or automotive electronics or wireless systems
• Marine communication and/or navigational electronics standards (SOLAS or non-SOLAS). Marine autopilot standards & certifications
• Certification of products with any of these technologies: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, DVB-H, DVB-SH.
• 5+ years in electronics manufacturing, test or design environment
• Member of a team that put cost effective processes in place to support Green requirements
• Planning or managing the implementation for REACH, EUP, China RoHS or other environmental regulations
• Experience in working with regulatory and standards organizations
• China, Korea, Japan or Latin America approvals expertise
• Experience with safety approvals for products using rechargeable Lithium batteries
• Experience in writing compliance reports and declarations of conformity
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally
Go to www.garmin.com/careers and apply for position number 08000A9