We are hiring all types of engineers, from design engineers to software engineers, and from compliance engineers to component engineers. Check our site for info and job summaries www.garmin.com/careers
The company culture at Garmin is fantastic. We offer a "no dress code" policy, as well as opportunities for fitness during the work day (at the local YMCA, on our walking trail, or challenging a colleague to a game of ping pong). We have a full-service cafeteria on-site with offerings for Breakfast and Lunch, in addition to “grill day” on Fridays in the summer.
Other benefits include: Fully paid dental and health insurance for exempt employees and their families, 401K with 75 cent match on the $1 (capping at 10%), and a pension plan. Additionally, we offer many company-sponsored events throughout the year. Garmin is very family-friendly and invites families and spouses to many of our events.
Imagine working for a technology company that has inspired Wired magazine to rank us 22nd in their 2007 list of the 40 most innovative companies in the world. GARMIN was ranked ahead of Microsoft, Intel and IBM. We were recently named by Forbes magazine as: America's best managed company in the technology hardware and equipment category, ahead of H-P, Cisco and Canon, and one of the 400 best large publicly traded companies in America.
Support successful conception, development, integration and delivery of cellular handset devices. Primary role would be to coordinate and lead carrier certification activities. Gather and document customer and regulatory requirements, coordinate and manage qualification test activities, and serve as chief communication point between carrier and relevant departments within Garmin.
• Manage carrier certification process for cellular handset devices
• Provide clear objectives, timelines and milestones to internal and external staff working on project, and maintain through development
• Collect information regarding product-required functionality, manufacturing, installation, operating environment and interfaces, and utilize the information to guide future product design decisions
• Participate in product design activities as needed including electrical, software, or mechanical development
• Participate in generation of proposals for new opportunities
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Industrial or Software Engineering with strong academics (composite GPA 3.0)
• Project Management Experience
• Cellular carrier certification experience, including GCF, PTCRB, and CTIA requirements
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• 5+ years applicable experience is a major plus
To apply online: www.garmin.com/careers Apply for position 08000AI